At Columba we are a collaborative, challenging, open and engaging learning community. We know that high quality Teaching and Learning comes from the following:
There are high expectations on learning outcomes
- At Columba we are consistently improving school based and standardized assessment results.
- We always use data purposefully to drive our teaching and learning.
- Students are always clear about expectations and indictors of achievements.
The learning environment is engaging and purposeful
- Students at Columba are active participants in becoming responsible learners.
- Through engaging and purposeful learning environments, we know student's motivation will increase.
- Students at Columba see themselves as successful learners.
Staff are active learners within a high performance development culture
- Collaboration between staff to improve their own teaching as well as the teaching within the whole school.
- Staff are committed to personal learning goals and professional learning plans.
- Staff are open to constructive feedback.
Strong pedagogy around teaching and learning
- Columba displays and implements a vibrant contemporary curriculum.
- Contemporary learning tools are being used in all classrooms.
- A strong professional learning community is developed.
Columba understands the importance and value of The Victorian Curriculum as it is a curriculum which provides a single, coherent and comprehensive set of prescribed content and common achievement standards, which schools use to plan student learning programs, assess student progress and report to parents. The Victorian Curriculum assist teachers to understand what is essential for students to achieve from Foundation to Year 10, in Victorian schools.